而仲裁，主要针对经济纠纷，非由一国司法机关作出，相对来说更容易获得其他国家的认可和执行。早在1959年生效的《承认及执行外国仲裁裁决公约》（Convention on the Recognition and Enforcement of Foreign Arbitral Awards (New York, 1958)，以下简称“《纽约公约》”），截至2021年1月26日，已有166个国家签署并生效。根据《纽约公约》，在一个缔约国领土内作出的仲裁裁决可以在其他缔约国获得认可和执行。《纽约公约》早在1987年4月22日即对中国生效，《中华人民共和国民事诉讼法》亦已就《纽约公约》在中国的执行提供了相关配套规定。《中华人民共和国民事诉讼法》第二百八十三条规定：“国外仲裁机构的裁决，需要中华人民共和国人民法院承认和执行的，应当由当事人直接向被执行人住所地或者其财产所在地的中级人民法院申请，人民法院应当依照中华人民共和国缔结或者参加的国际条约，或者按照互惠原则办理。”
具有影响力的针对跨境调解的国际公约则出现得比较晚。《联合国关于调解所产生的国际和解协议公约》（United Nations Convention on International Settlement Agreements Resulting from Mediation (New York, 2018)，以下简称“《新加坡调解公约》”）是在2019年8月7日才开放给各国签署，截至2021年1月26日，仅经得6个缔约国核准，和对其中5个缔约国生效。除《新加坡调解公约》外，域外达成的调解协议的执行，还可研究能否根据执行国缔结的司法协助条约，和/或其国内法关于域外达成的调解协议的有关规定进行申请。
REGULATION (EU) No 1215/2012 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THECOUNCIL of 12 December 2012 on jurisdiction and the recognition and enforcementof judgments in civil and commercial matters (recast)
1. Apart from jurisdiction derivedfrom other provisions of this Regulation, a court of a Member State beforewhich a defendant enters an appearance shall have jurisdiction. This rule shallnot apply where appearance was entered to contest the jurisdiction, or whereanother court has exclusive jurisdiction by virtue of Article 24.
2. In matters referred to in Sections3, 4 or 5 where the policyholder, the insured, a beneficiary of the insurancecontract, the injured party, the consumer or the employee is the defendant, thecourt shall, before assuming jurisdiction under paragraph 1, ensure that thedefendant is informed of his right to contest the jurisdiction of the court andof the consequences of entering or not entering an appearance.
REGULATION (EU) No 1215/2012 OF THEEUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 12 December 2012 on jurisdiction andthe recognition and enforcement of judgments in civil and commercial matters(recast)
The provisions of this Section may bedeparted from only by an agreement:
(1) which is entered into after thedispute has arisen;
(2) which allows the policyholder,the insured or a beneficiary to bring proceedings in courts other than thoseindicated in this Section;
(3) which is concluded between apolicyholder and an insurer, both of whom are at the time of conclusion of thecontract domiciled or habitually resident in the same Member State, and whichhas the effect of conferring jurisdiction on the courts of that Member Stateeven if the harmful event were to occur abroad, provided that such an agreementis not contrary to the law of that Member State;
(4) which is concluded with apolicyholder who is not domiciled in a Member State, except in so far as theinsurance is compulsory or relates to immovable property in a Member State; or
(5) which relates to a contract ofinsurance in so far as it covers one or more of the risks set out in Article16.